Pokemon Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good or Evil? Fight or Peace.This is up to you, only you can decide.And decisions will be made and worlds will change...Come and join into the world of Pokemon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basic RP rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yellow
Admin
Yellow

Basic RP rules Empty
PostSubject: Basic RP rules   Basic RP rules I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:17 pm

During roleplay it is important to exercise etiquette and respect for your fellow roleplayers roleplaying as well as patience. However there are certain guidelines in place that ensure that everything is fun but most importantly fair as fair play breeds fun when it comes to RP as well as easy.
God-modding, metagaming, auto-hitting and character control are not allowed and can be described as follows:

1] God-modding: this is when your actions exceed your own capabilities in a 'god-like' fashion and is an easy trap to fall into if you are not careful. It could be your pokemon dodging every attack or shrugging off hits as if they are nothing, or overall being well...unstoppable for the most part and doing things that are simply unrealistic and pretty much impossible.

2] Metagaming: This is allowing your character or pokemon to use OOC [out of context, out of character] information. There is a huge difference in what you the player knows or has read and what your character has learned through IC [in contest, in character] information. Example: If I the player read the RP [role playing] of others and learn that Team Rocket is planning something naughty, my character cannot go around warning people about their plans because my character does not know anything through rp.

3] Auto-hitting: This can be considered any action that you attempt being successful without allowing others to counter it before completion. Example: I punch you in the face and give you a fat lip. This might seem just fine and dandy, but it is not because I never took into consideration all the ways you could avoid this such as blocking, evading to even just punching me out because you are just plain quicker than I am.

4] Character control: This is anything that is posted that describes the action of another person that has not performed the action yet. Example: I hand you a cup of tea and you take a sip. Really? Well maybe you hate tea, grab it screaming "I'm not a part of your system!" and throw it on the ground.

5] Typing Etiquette: Please keep roleplay to third person and past tense unless it's pertaining to something appropriate such as your character's thoughts or speech. There are no character limits.

There are no word count restrictions or any kind of quality reviews like you may find on other roleplaying sites, but practice decent writing and English.

Bad Roleplaying: i walk up and wave at u before challenging you to a pokemon battle. I throw out my first pokemon, Spearow and attack you!

Good Roleplaying: Joey is busy looking down at his bare legs and inspecting them for cuts from tall stiff grasses surrounding the forest. He's made a lot of progress today but he still hasn't quite made it to the next town yet. He hears a rustle and sees a trainer passing by, bright-eyed and geared up for adventure. Joey twists his white and blue baseball cap backwards and grins as he calls out to the passing trainer. "Hey you, I challenge you to a Pokemon battle!" Joey shouted as he readied his pokeball for a battle. "Get ready to face my top percent Rattata!"

The bad roleplay lacks detail, is in third person and is very poorly written. It is vague and leaves a lot of questions. The good roleplay however is more fleshed out and contains some description as well as proper dialogue and room for a proper response from the other person.

The above is forbidden from this site and are the basic rules of roleplaying, thus they are not to be broken. However, we do understand if you break them on accident on occasion and thus, you may simply be asked to edit your post, and/or receive a punishment depending on many factors.

You may receive warnings that may lead to a temporary ban and even ultimately a permaban for these offenses. That being said if you are an inexperienced roleplayer who needs help on improving we can help and work with you. Keep in mind bans for 'bad roleplay' are last resort. We will try and work with you and help you way before possible bans.

The below is a few features that should be implemented into your roleplaying on this website, things that generally make roleplay more comprehensive and somewhat easier for others, especially those who are new to roleplaying. These features may also cut down on infringements of the above by guiding players somewhat. You don't necessarily have to use some of these formatting methods, the only one that is VERY important is quotations.

1. Strikethroughs - The strikethrough function of the forum is characterized by the S with a line marked through it. On this forum, you, as the player, are expected to use this function on actions that are subtle. For example: While Trainer A and Trainer B were distracted by the pokemon battle, Team Rocket Grunt A took their pokeballs from their bags which they left a few meters away.

2. Italics must be used when a character is thinking to him or herself in order to make such things less likely of being mistaken for actual speaking aloud.
Example: Trainer A thought, "His Raichu cannot hurt my Onix with it's thunderbolt."

3. Bolding is to be used when a character screams or yells, or talks in a loud manner. Words in bold are meant to be loud or up front.
Example: "STOP FIGHTING!" said the trainer as he approached his friends who were at each other's throats again.

4. Quotations are to be used whenever a character speaks, or even thinks as seen in some of the examples above.

5. Colors may be used to the player's judgment; however, try to avoid colors that are too bright, or those that blend in with the forums background. Colors are not specifically required at all, but when a player is using multiple characters in a single topic, a set of colors or so for each can make characters easier to recognize. The listed colors are not all that the forum is capable of showing, others such as maroon, aqua, lime, and pink are also available, simply erasing the name of an existing color and adding that of one that you would like is all that is needed. Who knows how many colors text in the forum may be colored, so we encourage those who wish to experiment to do so. Just be sure to preview first just to make sure that the color that is desired works, if not, simply choose another or try something different. Do not be discouraged.

Also, no canon characters are allowed. So no Ash, Misty, Brock, etc. Characters from the Pokemon Adventures manga may be accepted. (No one gets Yellow or Red though...especially Yellow. I'm Yellow >.>). You can base characters off of canon characters if you so choose, just don't be too similar. Try and give your characters some uniqueness!
Back to top Go down

Basic RP rules
Page 1 of 1